Privacy30. Nov, 2022
We Do Not Track
Unlike other web analytics solutions, Pirsch does not track your visitors. By tracking we mean recognizing visitors across multiple websites. Google Analytics for example will identify a person on two websites that are unrelated to each other to deliver targeted ads. We strictly separate the data for each website and don’t sell any information to third party. The data separation is ensured by generating different fingerprints for each domain.
How Does Pirsch Recognize Visitors?
What Data Do We Collect?
- User-Agent header (separate from a page view for up to three months)
- page visited (just the path, not the entire URL)
- UTM source, campaign, medium, content, term
- time of visit
- browser (extracted from the User-Agent)
- operating system (extracted from the User-Agent)
- device type (desktop or mobile, extracted from the User-Agent)
- screen size (frontend only)
The visitors IP address is never stored nor logged!
You Are in Charge
You are in charge of the data we collect for you. You can wipe all, or parts of your data from the settings and export statistics to CSV for the past 12 months.
Data Processing Agreement
We provide a data processing agreement (AV-Vertrag in German). A data processing agreement (DPA) ensures that businesses handle all data belonging to EU citizens in accordance with the GDPR. It’s a contract between the data processor (us) and the controller (you).
You can download and sign the DPA yourself. The latest version can always be found here. We recommend anyone running a business to sign it.